Holdman released from hospital after training camp collision
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos linebacker Warrick Holdman was released from the hospital Friday, 24 hours after being treated for a spinal cord concussion following a collision with a teammate at training camp.
"He did have some numbness this morning but not a lot," coach Mike Shanahan said.
The Broncos didn't say when Holdman, who spent the night at Sky Ridge Medical Center, would be able to practice again.
Holdman was injured Thursday when he tried to tackle running back Mike Bell, who lowered his left shoulder and struck the 243-pound linebacker in the crown of his helmet. Holdman crumpled to the grass and temporarily lost feeling in his extremities, although he could move his arms and legs by the time he was taken off the field to a waiting ambulance.
Holdman is a ninth-year pro in his first season in Denver after spending the last two years in Washington. He is among several veterans vying for the starting job at strong side linebacker.
Wilson injured his neck in a game against Seattle last December and failed a physical this spring that nixed a trade to the New York Giants before his release.
Holdman's injury was reminiscent of Wilson's, in part because he wears Wilson's old No. 56.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
NFL TRAINING CAMPS
The countdown is on toward the start of the 2007 season; rosters were trimmed to 75 by Tuesday and reached 53 by Saturday. The regular season starts Sept. 6 when the Saints visit Indianapolis to face the Super Bowl champion Colts. Camp index
Analysis• Clayton: Waiver claims interesting
• Clayton: Big cutdown day on Saturday
• Redskins re-sign Cooley
• Priest Holmes comeback on hold
• Bengals acquire QB Fitzpatrick from Rams
• Seahawks lose DT Tubbs for season
• DT Simon agrees to deal with Titans
• Pats' Samuel signs one-year franchise tender
• Giants, Strahan have constructive talks
• Ogden passes physical, returns to Ravens roster
• Browns place center Bentley on PUP list
• Roundup: Two-time Olympic skier Bloom cut by Eagles
• Roundup: Steelers' Ward has nose surgery