Source: Williams to start camp on PUP list with knee injury
With Jerry Porter already slated to miss the preseason after hamstring surgery, the Jacksonville Jaguars suffered another blow to its receiving corps. A team official confirmed Reggie Williams suffered a knee sprain and could be placed on the PUP list before practice kicks off Saturday.
Porter was brought in as a veteran free agent to help boost a passing game that was 17th in the league last year. Williams had just 38 catches last season but 10 were for touchdowns.
Indications are Williams isn't expected to miss significant time.
Paul Kuharsky covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Jacksonville Jaguars 2-Piece Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mat Set