Seahawks rookie DT Bryant to undergo knee surgery, miss month
The fourth-round draft choice from Texas A&M injured cartilage in his left knee this week during training camp and is expected to be out four or five weeks. Seattle drafted the future son-in-law of legendary Seahawk Jacob Green to back up Brandon Mebane this season on the defensive line.
The Seahawks have had a number of injuries recently. Starting defensive tackle Rocky Bernard had surgery for a double hernia.
Fellow starter Marcus Tubbs had knee surgery.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Rodgers expected to be out again
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Seattle Seahawks Coaches Sideline White Polo