Seahawks rookie DT Bryant to undergo knee surgery, miss month
The fourth-round draft choice from Texas A&M injured cartilage in his left knee this week during training camp and is expected to be out four or five weeks. Seattle drafted the future son-in-law of legendary Seahawk Jacob Green to back up Brandon Mebane this season on the defensive line.
The Seahawks have had a number of injuries recently. Starting defensive tackle Rocky Bernard had surgery for a double hernia.
Fellow starter Marcus Tubbs had knee surgery.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Seattle Seahawks Banner Flag