Cutler smooths things over with Hester
Still, he made a point to smooth things over with wide receiver Devin Hester.
Cutler got off to a rocky start with his new team in the preseason opener, completing only half his passes in a loss to Buffalo while throwing more interceptions (one) than touchdowns (zero). He also offended Hester after the game while trying to explain to reporters why he got picked off on an underthrown ball.
Many took it as a knock at Hester, who was bothered by the remarks at first. Cutler, however, pointed the finger at himself and added there is no problem between the two and that his comment was "taken out of context."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
PRESEASON NFL COVERAGE
AFC CAMP CONFIDENTIAL
NFC CAMP CONFIDENTIAL
- Nike Toddler Jay Cutler Jersey - Home Game Chicago Bears