Owens shows progress on injured foot
Coach Dick Jauron was encouraged by Owens' progress Thursday. He added it's possible the receiver will be cleared to start practicing fully next week. It was the third straight day Owens has worked out, and marked the most time he's practiced since jamming his foot in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 9.
Owens has been ruled out from playing in a preseason game at Pittsburgh on Saturday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Buffalo Bills Sideline 39Thirty Royal Flex Fitted Hat