Owens shows progress on injured foot
Coach Dick Jauron was encouraged by Owens' progress Thursday. He added it's possible the receiver will be cleared to start practicing fully next week. It was the third straight day Owens has worked out, and marked the most time he's practiced since jamming his foot in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 9.
Owens has been ruled out from playing in a preseason game at Pittsburgh on Saturday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Buffalo Bills Rewind Run Game Red T-shirt