Bucs cut ineffective receiver Jackson
Jackson was a second-round draft pick out of Appalachian State in 2008. He appeared in the first seven games of last season, primarily as a kick returner.
The 23-year-old returned 20 punts and 14 kickoffs with limited success before losing the kick return job to undrafted free agent Clifton Smith. Smith went on become a Pro Bowl selection, while Jackson did not get into a game again.
The Bucs announced the move before practice Monday. Jackson didn't have any receptions as a rookie and has been slowed this preseason by an ankle injury.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
PRESEASON NFL COVERAGE
AFC CAMP CONFIDENTIAL
NFC CAMP CONFIDENTIAL
- Coleman Tampa Bay Buccaneers 50-Can Soft-Sided Cooler