Raiders' Murphy out with concussion
Murphy says he got hurt when he was kneed in the helmet by teammate Nnamdi Asomugha during practice Friday. He has a bad headache and missed practice Saturday.
Coach Tom Cable says Murphy will not return until he passes a series of tests that shows he has recovered. Murphy says he has never had a concussion before.
Murphy is being counted on heavily in his second year in the NFL. He led all Raiders wideouts with 34 catches for 521 yards and four touchdowns as a rookie last season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Packers' Rodgers won't play vs. Cowboys
- Fight leads to stabbings after Broncos game
- Vikes' Peterson questionable vs. Eagles
- Source: Late again, Mincey cut by Jaguars
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL TRAINING CAMPS
NFL BLOG NETWORK
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: NFC
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: AFC
ESPN LOCAL COVERAGE
- Great American Products Oakland Raiders Grub Jug