Early Doucet sits with abdominal injury
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said the move was just precautionary and that he expected Doucet to return to practice soon. The team is off Sunday and will resume training camp Monday.
Doucet, a third-year pro out of LSU, is expected to be the No. 3 receiver behind Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston. He has a larger role this season after Arizona traded receiver Anquan Boldin to Baltimore in the offseason.
Doucet has a history of injuries in his first couple of years in the NFL. He missed time as a rookie with a hamstring injury and then battled a groin injury later in the season. Last season, he missed some time with a rib injury.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson #21