Early Doucet sits with abdominal injury
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said the move was just precautionary and that he expected Doucet to return to practice soon. The team is off Sunday and will resume training camp Monday.
Doucet, a third-year pro out of LSU, is expected to be the No. 3 receiver behind Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston. He has a larger role this season after Arizona traded receiver Anquan Boldin to Baltimore in the offseason.
Doucet has a history of injuries in his first couple of years in the NFL. He missed time as a rookie with a hamstring injury and then battled a groin injury later in the season. Last season, he missed some time with a rib injury.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Rodgers expected to be out again
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Arizona Cardinals Clear Game Day Pouch