Packers' Josh Bell put on IR
The team did not give a reason for the move, but Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that Bell had a foot sprain. Bell, a former Denver Bronco, was signed as a free agent after Al Harris sustained a season-ending knee injury in November.
The Packers also signed linebacker Maurice Simpkins, a first-year player out of Coastal Carolina.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL TRAINING CAMPS
NFL BLOG NETWORK
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: NFC
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: AFC
ESPN LOCAL COVERAGE
- '47 Brand Women's Green Bay Packers Green Sherpette Knit Hat