Larry Fitzgerald sprained MCL
An MRI showed Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald sprained the MCL in his right knee in Arizona's 19-16 loss to Houston on Saturday night.
Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said the team will be careful with Fitzgerald over the next few weeks.
"I think we know what Larry can do," Whisenhunt told The Arizona Republic on Saturday night.
Fitzgerald is expected to be ready for the start of the regular season, according to Whisenhunt.
"They say they want to be careful with it so it doesn't linger and I'm ready to go for Week 1 at St. Louis," Fitzgerald told The Republic. "It's frustrating, because I was having my best camp as a pro."
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Agent: Peppers joins Packers on 3-year deal
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL TRAINING CAMPS
NFL BLOG NETWORK
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: NFC
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: AFC
ESPN LOCAL COVERAGE
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald #11