Rams' A.J. Feeley hurts thumb
Feeley, starting ahead of rookie Sam Bradford, was hit by Browns linebacker Chris Gocong on a third-down pass. Feeley completed the throw but came up holding his right wrist. He stayed in the game and threw a 9-yard TD pass to tight end Daniel Fells, giving the Rams a 7-0 lead.
Feeley was looked at by trainers when he came to the sideline and was then taken to the Rams' locker room.
Feeley may have banged his thumb on Gocong's helmet. Feeley had his thumb and elbow wrapped after the game. He said X-rays on both were negative and expects to play Thursday against New England.
Bradford came in for St. Louis' next drive and nearly threw an interception on his first attempt.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL TRAINING CAMPS
NFL BLOG NETWORK
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: NFC
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: AFC
ESPN LOCAL COVERAGE
- The Highland Mint St. Louis Rams Edward Jones Dome Silver Coin Card