Nick Sorensen leaves on backboard
That hit sent him to his back and led to him being carted off the field and taken to a hospital.
Browns coach Eric Mangini said tests were negative and he was on his way back from the hospital soon after Detroit's 35-27 preseason victory.
Sorensen's teammates on the kickoff team dropped to a knee, grabbed hands and bowed their heads when he was being evaluated on the field by both team's medical personnel. Cleveland's entire team and coaching staff later walked across the field to get closer to him.
"It's horrible whenever you see somebody laying down on the field," Mangini said. "It's a reminder of how tough this game is, how things can change so dramatically."
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Snyder won't intervene with RG III
- Rodgers experiencing pain, status uncertain
- Study: Hits to the head still prevalent in NFL
- Marshall: Cowboys were beat before game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL TRAINING CAMPS
NFL BLOG NETWORK
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: NFC
CAMP CONFIDENTIAL: AFC
ESPN LOCAL COVERAGE
- 5th & Ocean Women's Cleveland Browns White Slub Henley T-Shirt