Avs get youngster Wall, give up veteran May in trade
DENVER -- The Colorado Avalanche were active in the final hour before the end of the trade deadline Tuesday, picking up minor league goalie Michael Wall from the Anaheim Ducks for forward Brad May.
The Avalanche also reacquired Scott Parker from the San Jose Sharks for a sixth-round pick in the 2008 NHL entry draft. Parker played for Colorado when the team won the Stanley Cup in 2001.
Wall, 21, has played most of the season with Anaheim's American
Hockey League team, the Portland ...
Read full story
NHL TRADE DEADLINE
The NHL broke all of its deadline trade records last season with 25 deals putting 40 players on the move. This season hasn't been as busy, but teams aren't sitting on their hands either. Here's the deadline action:
• Trade Tracker: Take a look at all the deals
• Oilers send Smyth to Isles
• Sharks get Guerin from Blues
• Wings acquire Bertuzzi from Panthers
• Roberts waives no-trade, goes to Pens
• Pens add enforcer Laraque from Coyotes
• Kings send captain Norstrom to Stars
• Veteran Perreault traded to Leafs
• Sabres deal Biron, add Caps' Zubrus for stretch
• Avs deal vet May, get Parker from Sharks