Bettman sends warning on tampering, considers outdoor options
DETROIT -- Without naming any names, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman fired a shot at the Toronto Maple Leafs and Anaheim GM Brian Burke during his annual state of the league address before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, warning of grave consequences if there is any tampering.
It is common knowledge the Maple Leafs covet Burke's services as GM after dismissing former GM John Ferguson before the end of the regular season.
But Burke has one more year left on his contract ...
Read full story
STANLEY CUP FINALS -- GAME 1
READ• Ah, so this is experience: All of the pre-Cup finals talk pinned the Wings' experience against the Pens' talented youth. Well, after Detroit's win, we saw exactly what all the hubbub was about. Burnside
• Game 1's defining moment: What was the defining moment of Game 1? A controversial no-goal goalie interference call could have derailed the Red Wings. Instead, Detroit prevailed. Notebook
• Conn Smythe Watch: Who are the front-runners for playoff MVP? Here's how things stand after Game 1 of the Cup finals. Story
• The Crosby File: How did Sidney Crosby fare in his first Cup finals game? Check out our game-by-game report for the Pens' captain. Story
• The First-Ever Suit Off: The best hockey analyst in the U.S. versus the best hockey analyst in Canada. Mullet vs. buzzcut. It's Melrose versus Cherry in the First-Ever Stanley Cup Finals Suit Off! Vote
• Hradek's instant analysis: One of the more intriguing subplots to the Cup finals? Both coaches fighting for the right matchup. Blog
WATCH• NHL Minute: E.J. & Scott break down Game 1
• Holmstrom talks about disallowed goal
• Hradek's Q&A with Wings' Nicklas Lidstrom
• Hradek's Q&A with Penguins' Max Talbot
• Hradek's Q&A with Brooks Orpik
• Melrose and Cherry on Game 1
• Levy and Melrose talk to Game 1 hero Osgood