Hey Mario, why haven't we heard from you?
PITTSBURGH -- On Sunday night, the NHL gathered members of the Detroit Red Wings dynasty of the 1950s. Alex Delvecchio, Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Marty Pavelich and Marcel Pronovost regaled a crowd, including the top prospects in this summer's NHL draft, with terrific stories from their glory days.
The event provided a lovely bridge between the young stars populating the current Pittsburgh Penguins-Detroit Red Wings series and the game's rich past.
The NHL did ...
Read full story
STANLEY CUP FINALS -- GAME 2
Detroit shut down Pittsburgh again Monday. This time, it was a 3-0 win that showed the Wings taking the life out of the Pens. Check out our Game 2 coverage here:
• Coverage | Recap | Highlight | Conversation
READ• The big red machine: Detroit shut down Pittsburgh again Monday. This time, it was a 3-0 win that showed the Wings taking the life out of one of hockey's most talented teams. Burnside
• Game 2's defining moment: What was the defining moment of Game 2? The 5:24 mark of the second period, when the Pens posted their first even-strength shot on goal. Notebook
• Conn Smythe Watch: Who are the front-runners for playoff MVP? Here's how things stand after Game 2 of the Cup finals. Story
• The Crosby File: How did Sidney Crosby fare in his second Cup finals game? Check out our game-by-game report for the Pens' captain. Story
• The First-Ever Suit Off: The best hockey analyst in the U.S. versus the best hockey analyst in Canada. Mullet vs. buzzcut. It's Melrose versus Cherry in the First Cup Finals Suit-Off! Vote
• Hradek's instant analysis: Gary Roberts' late hit on Johan Franzen didn't earn the veteran forward any points with E.J. Hradek. Blog
WATCH• NHL Minute: Hradek and Burnside's analysis
• Melrose and Cherry break down Game 2
• Chris Osgood on his second straight shutout
• Lidstrom: We can't let up effort in Pittsburgh
• Penguins' reaction after Game 2 loss
• Melrose's instant analysis: Detroit's big D