There's no T.O. in the NHL, but these quotes make our quarterly list
"We have only one person to blame, and that's each other." -- New York Rangers defenseman Barry Beck, once upon a time
The world of quotes. Yes, indeed, they do make the world go 'round, even the NHL, which isn't exactly the sassiest of pro sports leagues when it comes to lipping off. No Terrell Owens equivalent on skates, really, although Dallas Stars winger Sean Avery gives it a try.
What's refreshing about the NHL, however, is that when the words do start flying, they ...
Read full story
2008-09: NHL QUARTERLY REPORT
• The quotes: The NHL doesn't have a Terrell Owens, but there are times when the words do start flying. Here are some memorable quotes and story lines so far. Damien Cox
• The teams: At the quarter mark, we're taking stock of all 30 clubs. Some earned top grades, while others have some serious work to do before the All-Star break. Scott Burnside
• The awards: Before the season's start, Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin were picked by many to win MVP. Will those picks hold up? Right now, we're not so sure. Awards race
• Malkin's run: After a lowly finish to last season, Evgeni Malkin is proving he has no Cup finals hangover. Scott Burnside checks in with the league's best player so far. Story
• The rookie race: It looks nothing like what the preseason pundits predicted. And for the first time since the lockout, it's a wide-open race without a big-name attraction. LeBrun
• The coaches: What to make of all the coaches so far this season? Terry Frei is back again for his bench-boss rankings, looking at where they stand at the quarter mark. Story
MORE COVERAGE• Watch: Watch: Matthew Barnaby on why Crosby is still the best
• Rank 'em: Your MVP picks at the quarter mark