Chris Pronger out of Flyers' opener
Veteran Philadelphia defenseman Chris Pronger sat out the Flyers' season opener against the Penguins in Pittsburgh Thursday night as he continues to recover from offseason knee surgery.
"I think it just needs to get a little bit stronger. I've only had two real practices. Probably need a little bit more of that to play an NHL-caliber game. Really just get it stronger," Pronger said Thursday after a long on-ice session after most of the regulars were done with the morning skate.
Read full story
2010-11 NHL SEASON PREVIEW
TEAM PREVIEWS: WESTERN CONFERENCE
• Watch: Hradek & Barnaby's Central preview
• Watch: Hradek & Melrose's Northwest preview
• Watch: Hradek & Barnaby's Pacific preview
TEAM PREVIEWS: EASTERN CONFERENCE
• Watch: Hradek & Barnaby's Atlantic preview
• Watch: Hradek & Barnaby's Northeast preview
• Watch: Hradek & Melrose's Southeast preview
Northeast Division: Coming Friday
Atlantic Division: Coming Monday