It's tough to win a Stanley Cup with an overworked goaltender, which is why the Winnipeg Jets are just fine with Michael Hutchinson and Ondrej Pavelec sharing time and pushing each other.
- Ducks sign D Despres to five-year extension
- Flyers AHL D Pyett diagnosed with sarcoma in leg
- Parise's hat trick spurs Wild's late rally vs. Avs
- Islanders G Halak out for opener in Brooklyn
- Lightning's Garrison hits winner in 1st 3-on-3 OT
- Sharks LW Torres apologizes for suspension hit
- McDavid, Eichel lead NHL rookie rankings