Weight benched without pay for hit on Sedin
The ban will cost Weight $180,000.
He leveled Henrik Sedin with his stick in the first period of the Blues' 3-2 victory over the Canucks on Thursday. No penalty was called.
"It was right in front of our bench and I'm sure the referee saw it," Canucks coach Marc Crawford said after the game. "Those are the ones you get upset about, but that is not for us to worry about."
Weight will miss games against Florida on Saturday, at San Jose next Thursday, at Los Angeles on Nov. 15, and at Anaheim on Nov. 16.
Weight is second on the team with 11 points (six goals, five assists). The Blues lead the Central Division at 8-3-0-1.
Information from SportsTicker was used in this report.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Men's St. Louis Blues Slimline Blue/White Striped Polo