Weight benched without pay for hit on Sedin
The ban will cost Weight $180,000.
He leveled Henrik Sedin with his stick in the first period of the Blues' 3-2 victory over the Canucks on Thursday. No penalty was called.
"It was right in front of our bench and I'm sure the referee saw it," Canucks coach Marc Crawford said after the game. "Those are the ones you get upset about, but that is not for us to worry about."
Weight will miss games against Florida on Saturday, at San Jose next Thursday, at Los Angeles on Nov. 15, and at Anaheim on Nov. 16.
Weight is second on the team with 11 points (six goals, five assists). The Blues lead the Central Division at 8-3-0-1.
Information from SportsTicker was used in this report.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Rinne's recovery from hip infection delayed
- Coyotes' Doan finally able to identify illness
- Jackets activate Gaborik, Wisniewski off IR
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's St. Louis Blues Team Slouch Blue Adjustable Hat