Groin injury sidelines Canucks captain
The left wing sat out practice when the injury flared up Wednesday, but played the first two periods in Thursday's 4-1 loss to Calgary.
This time, the Canucks are taking no chances.
"I got the choice last night, but I didn't get the choice this time," said Naslund. "It s tough for me because I want to play, but I guess I have to look at the big picture and realize in the long run maybe it's a wiser decision to stay off."
Naslund, who had a six-game point streak snapped Thursday, was second in the NHL in scoring with 32 points entering Friday's games.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kirilenko ends engagement to Caps' Ovechkin
- Leafs, defenseman Franson avoid arbitration
- Rangers agree to terms with vet Stempniak
- Kulikov signs 3-year deal to stay with Panthers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Vancouver Canucks Navy Signature Full-Zip Fleece Hoodie