Center out six weeks
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Vancouver Canucks center Mats Lindgren will remain out of the lineup at least six weeks after having back surgery for the second back time in two months.
Lindgren hasn't played this season after re-injuring his back, which bothered him all of last season, during a morning skate Oct. 11, just prior to the Canucks' second game of the season.
The 29-year-old Swede had surgery to repair the disc problem and recently resumed skating in the hopes of returning by Christmas. Now he'll be out until February following the second round of surgery Friday.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Blue Jackets activate Tyutin, reassign Goloubef
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Reversible Men's Vancouver Canucks Center Ice Collection Player Knit Blue/Grey Hat