Goalie reinjures fractured left hand
Hedberg originally injured his hand during a collision in a Dec. 9 game against Pittsburgh and reinjured it after catching a teammate's shot Sunday.
He did not travel with the team on its current three-game road trip, staying in Vancouver instead for an MRI exam that revealed the injury.
"They're deciding right now whether they're going to put him in a cast or just a splint, and that means he's going to be out a couple of weeks and they'll reassess it when we come back from Christmas," Canucks coach Marc Crawford said after the team's Tuesday morning skate in Nashville, Tenn.
Alex Auld will remain with Vancouver until Hedberg returns.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Carter, Jones help Kings to fifth straight win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Vancouver Canucks Blue Spark Polo