Snyder captained Attack for two years
OWEN SOUND, Ontario -- Dan Snyder's No. 14 was retired by the Ontario Hockey League's Owen Sound Attack before their game Friday night against the Saginaw Spirit.
Snyder died Oct. 5 of head injuries in a car accident with Atlanta Thrashers teammate Dany Heatley. Snyder was 25.
Heatley has been charged with vehicular homicide in connection with the accident. He broke his jaw and torn knee ligaments in the accident and has yet to play for the Thrashers this season.
Snyder spent four years with Owen Sound, the last two as its captain. He also was the club's nominee for OHL humanitarian of the year.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Winnipeg Jets Padded Swivel Bar Stool with Back