Snyder captained Attack for two years
OWEN SOUND, Ontario -- Dan Snyder's No. 14 was retired by the Ontario Hockey League's Owen Sound Attack before their game Friday night against the Saginaw Spirit.
Snyder died Oct. 5 of head injuries in a car accident with Atlanta Thrashers teammate Dany Heatley. Snyder was 25.
Heatley has been charged with vehicular homicide in connection with the accident. He broke his jaw and torn knee ligaments in the accident and has yet to play for the Thrashers this season.
Snyder spent four years with Owen Sound, the last two as its captain. He also was the club's nominee for OHL humanitarian of the year.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Winnipeg Jets White Away Replica Jersey