Puck fractured Lindsay's larynx
Lindsay, 32, was struck in the throat by a puck in the second period Saturday night against the Canadiens. He is expected to remain in the hospital for seven to 10 days.
The Thrashers lost the game 5-1.
Lindsay was scoreless in 24 games this season. He has 83 goals, 141 assists and 992 penalty minutes in 13 seasons with Quebec, Florida, Calgary, San Jose, Montreal and Atlanta.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
- Islanders, Poulin agree to one-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Winnipeg Jets TNT Training Charcoal Hoodie