Stars ship Tugnutt to AHL Grizzlies
Tugnutt was 1-3-0 with a 2.57 goals against average and .889 save percentage in five games for Dallas this season. He was assigned to the Utah Grizzlies of the American Hockey League.
The Stars recalled rookie goaltender Mike Smith from Utah.
Last season, Tugnutt was 15-10-5 with a 2.47 GAA and .896 save percentage in 31 games for the Stars, most of that when All-Star goalie Marty Turco was injured during the season he set the modern NHL record with a 1.72 GAA.
Tugnutt, 36, has a 184-235-62 record with a 3.06 GAA and .895 save percentage in 531 career games with eight different teams. His best season for Ottawa in 1998-99, when he led the NHL with a 1.79 GAA and was 22-10-8 in 43 games.
In 18 games for Utah this season, Smith was 7-9-0 with a 2.86 GAA and .909 save percentage.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Letang practices with Pens, but return uncertain
- Blues' Tarasenko needs surgery, out 6 weeks
- Boychuk (leg) out for Bruins, is day to day
- Stajan thankful for support after death of son
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Dallas Stars Primary Logo Green T-Shirt