Palffy will have shoulder surgery
Palffy separated his shoulder during overtime of the Kings' 4-4 tie at Anaheim on Wednesday night. He has 16 goals and 25 assists in 35 games this season. He missed five other games with facial injuries after getting hit by a puck while sitting on the bench.
The surgery will be performed by team physician Dr. Ronald Kvitne, the Kings said Friday.
The 31-year-old Palffy has played for the Kings for five years and ranks 13th on their career scoring list with 340 points on 150 goals and 190 assists in 311 games. A three-time All-Star, he has 318 goals and 671 points in 642 NHL games since breaking in with the New York Islanders in 1993-94.
The Kings (16-14-7-4) bring a 10-game winless streak into Saturday night's game against Columbus at Staples Center.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
- Islanders, Poulin agree to one-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Los Angeles Kings Framed Team Logo Mirror