Modano could return Saturday
"It's feeling good. I won't play Thursday, but I might be able to play after that," Modano told The Dallas Morning News. "You want to be out there because things are the way they are, but you also don't want to rush back and be out for another week or two and then have it nagging at you for the rest of the season and you can't really play your game."
Modano, who was voted as a starter for the All-Star Game in Minnesota, has missed five games since suffering the injury during the Stars' 6-0 loss to the Coyotes.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blues' Tarasenko needs surgery, out 6 weeks
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars' Lehtonen (concussion) on verge of return
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Dallas Stars Green Sheen Wristlet