Hedberg was rehabbing in Manitoba
Hedberg, out of the Canucks' lineup for more than a month after breaking his wrist against Pittsburgh on Dec. 9, played two games with Manitoba as part of a conditioning assignment. He gave up a total of nine goals on 77 shots in a 4-3 overtime loss in Cincinnati and a 5-1 loss in Chicago.
Hedberg, acquired from Pittsburgh to back up starter Dan Cloutier, has played in just nine games due to injuries. He is 5-2-2 with a 2.17 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage in Vancouver.
The Canucks also sent goaltender Alex Auld to Manitoba. Auld was 2-1-2 with a 2.10 goals-against average with the Canucks.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Seabrook suspended 3 games for Backes hit
- Bruins muscle up to even series with Wings
- Sharks score 7 unanswered, lead Kings 2-0
- Habs edge Lightning, take 3-0 series lead
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Vancouver Canucks Team Logo Blue T-Shirt