Blue Jackets get eighth-round pick in trade
The 30-year-old defenseman failed to record a point in seven games this season with the Blue Jackets. He had one goal and four assists in 24 games with Syracuse of the AHL.
Glen Sather, New York's coach and general manager, has been feverishly trying to acquire defensemen this week following serious leg injuries to Greg de Vries and Darius Kasparaitis. The Rangers have also been without Tom Poti (back spasms) the past two games, and recently got back Joel Bouchard (hamstring).
Pushor had three goals and 16 assists with Columbus in two previous stints, dating to the 2000-01 season. He has also played for Pittsburgh, Dallas, Anaheim and Detroit, recording 13 goals and 44 assists in 510 NHL games.
He was chosen by Detroit in the second round of the 1991 draft and spent nearly five years in the Red Wings' organization. Pushor was a member of their 1997 Stanley Cup-winning team.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Iginla seals it as Bruins hold on vs. Oilers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Columbus Blue Jackets 2013 Center Ice Collection Quarter-Zip Baselayer Shirt