Injured Arvedson sent back to Vancouver
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- The Vancouver Canucks recalled forwards Jason King and Tyler Bouck from Manitoba of the American Hockey League on Sunday.
Both players were expected to join the team in New York for games against the Rangers on Monday, Islanders on Tuesday, and New Jersey Devils on Thursday.
Also, the Canucks sent forward Magnus Arvedson back to Vancouver after he injured his right knee during Saturday in Washington. Arvedson had seven goals in his last seven games.
King, 22, was the NHL's rookie of the month for November, and had 11 goals and five assists in the first two months of the season. He was sent down Wednesday after failing to score a goal in 21 games, but scored in two straight games with Manitoba.
Bouck, 23, was pointless in five games with Vancouver in mid-January. He has 10 goals and 21 points for Manitoba.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Women's Vancouver Canucks Marina Heathered Navy T-Shirt