Tap-in vs. Boston in Thrasher's fourth game
Heatley tapped in the puck from the right side of the goal 1:54 into Atlanta's game against Boston. It was his fourth game since returning from the injured reserve list.
On Sept. 23, 2003, Snyder was riding in the passenger seat when Heatley lost control of his sports car and crashed into a wall just outside of Atlanta. Snyder sustained brain injuries and died six days after the accident.
Heatley broke his jaw and tore ligaments in his right knee. Initial indications were that Heatley would miss most or all of the season. However, he was activated from the injured reserve list on Jan. 28.
Last season, Heatley set franchise records with 41 goals and 89 points.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Minnesota Wild Danny Heatley #15 Player Replica Red T-Shirt