Ryan helped lead Maine to NCAA title game
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets signed Maine defenseman Prestin Ryan to a one-year deal Monday.
Ryan will be assigned to Syracuse, the club's American Hockey League affiliate, for the Crunch's playoff run.
Ryan, 23, had four goals and 18 assists as a senior with a school-record 148 penalty minutes. He helped Maine to a 33-8-3 record and a spot in the NCAA championship game, which the Black Bears lost 1-0 to Denver on Saturday.
He had 11 goals, 35 assists and 359 penalty minutes in 119 career games at Maine.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Columbus Blue Jackets Shine Blue T-Shirt