Masterton finalist gets three-year deal
Souray, 28, anchored Montreal's defense with 15 goals and 20 assists in 63 games, along with 104 penalty minutes, last season. He also led the team in ice time, averaging just under 23½ minutes.
It was quite a comeback for Souray, who missed the entire 2002-03 campaign with a left wrist injury and was named as a finalist for the Masterton Trophy, awarded to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
Information from SportsTicker and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Montreal Canadiens 2013 Draft Flex Fit Navy Hat