Forward's recovery will take 3-4 months
CHICAGO -- Chicago Blackhawks forward Tuomo Ruutu is scheduled to have surgery Friday to repair a dislocated left shoulder.
Ruutu injured the shoulder while playing for Finland against Canada in the final of the World Cup of Hockey in mid-September. He is expected to need three to four months to recover, the Blackhawks said Thursday.
Last season was Ruutu's first with the Blackhawks. He played in all 82 games, scoring 23 goals with 21 assists.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Chicago Blackhawks Dart Cabinet