Wild's Gaborik reportedly will return Wednesday
According to the report, Wild GM Doug Risebrough talked to the coaching staff and then informed Gaborik over the weekend that he would play Wednesday against the San Jose Sharks.
Gaborik has yet to play this season because of a nagging groin injury. He initially hoped to return to the lineup last week, but coach Jacques Lemaire said Gaborik was not ready.
"I made the call here. I know Gabby feels good. He's not 100 percent," Risebrough told the newspaper. "Even when he goes back in, he's not going to be 100 percent because I know how groin injuries are. But he'll be a lot closer to 100 percent, and he'll be more ready in two days than he is now."
Gaborik has missed six games so far this season, and the Wild are 3-2-1 in that span.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Source: Quenneville gesture being reviewed
- Flyers goalie Mason takes step toward playing
- Steen boosts Blues over Blackhawks in 3OT
- Stastny ties it, then lifts Avs to OT win vs. Wild
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Minnesota Wild Zach Parise #11 Home Red Premier Jersey