Raycroft out week with strained hamstring
BOSTON -- Bruins goaltender Andrew Raycroft will be out for a week with a strained hamstring.
He was injured Wednesday night in a 4-3 overtime loss to Carolina.
Hannu Toivonen, a first-round pick in the 2002 NHL draft, probably will start in Raycroft's place. In three games this season, Toivonen has a 1-1 record and a 4.52 goals-against average.
The Bruins also called up rookie goaltender Jordan Sigalet on Thursday from Providence of the American Hockey League.
Raycroft won the Calder Trophy in 2004 as the NHL's top rookie. This season, he has played in nine games, going 3-4 with a 3.37 GAA.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Boston Bruins Zarley Black Crew Sweatshirt