Raycroft out week with strained hamstring
BOSTON -- Bruins goaltender Andrew Raycroft will be out for a week with a strained hamstring.
He was injured Wednesday night in a 4-3 overtime loss to Carolina.
Hannu Toivonen, a first-round pick in the 2002 NHL draft, probably will start in Raycroft's place. In three games this season, Toivonen has a 1-1 record and a 4.52 goals-against average.
The Bruins also called up rookie goaltender Jordan Sigalet on Thursday from Providence of the American Hockey League.
Raycroft won the Calder Trophy in 2004 as the NHL's top rookie. This season, he has played in nine games, going 3-4 with a 3.37 GAA.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Kirilenko ends engagement to Caps' Ovechkin
- Leafs, defenseman Franson avoid arbitration
- Rangers agree to terms with vet Stempniak
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Boston Bruins Knight Black/Gold Full-Zip Track Jacket