Brodeur, Staal named NHL players of week
Brodeur stopped 22 shots in a 3-0 win over Philadelphia last Monday and made 26 saves in a 3-0 victory over Vancouver on Friday for his 77th and 78th career shutouts. He capped the week with 29 saves in a 3-2 shootout victory at Chicago on Sunday.
Brodeur has a career total of 423 wins, tying him for fifth all-time with Tony Esposito.
Staal recorded his second career hat trick and added an assist in the Hurricanes' 4-2 win over St. Louis on Sunday. He had three assists in the first two games of the week.
The second overall pick in the 2003 draft, Staal is tied for fourth in the NHL with 29 goals, including 12 on the power play.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Canes' Semin activated from IR after 12 games
- Jackets goalie McElhinney hurts lower body
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Carolina Hurricanes Eric Staal #12 Home Red Premier Jersey