Maple Leafs trade veteran defenseman Klee to Devils
Toronto Maple Leafs
Klee, an 11-year veteran, can be a free agent after the season. He signed with Toronto in 2003 after spending nine seasons with Washington, and has career totals of 50 goals and 105 assists in 692 regular-season games.
The 34-year-old Klee was third among Toronto defensemen with 15 points (12 assists) and 66 penalty minutes in 56 games. Lou Lamoriello, the Devils' general manager and interim coach, said the deal provides his team with valuable experience and defensive depth.
Suglobov, 24, is in his third season in North America. He had 25 goals and 23 assists for 48 points and 52 penalty minutes in 51 games with Albany of the AHL this season.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Toronto Maple Leafs 2014 Winter Classic Grey Player Flex Fit Hat