Knee injury to sideline Sabres' Hecht for two weeks
Hecht was originally injured in a game against Montreal on Feb. 9 and missed two games before the Olympic break. He was also unable to play for his native Germany at Torino.
Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said the current injury is not as bad as the original one.
Hecht was hurt with just under five minutes to go in the second period Thursday. After falling to the ice behind the Toronto net, Hecht's skate slid out from under him, causing his knee to buckle. After pausing for a moment, he limped off the ice and immediately went to the dressing room.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Jackets activate Gaborik, Wisniewski off IR
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Buffalo Sabres Ville Leino #23 Navy T-Shirt