Rangers forward Hollweg suspended three games
TORONTO -- New York Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg was suspended for three games without pay by the NHL on Thursday for checking Philadelphia's R.J. Umberger from behind Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.
Hollweg was given a major penalty for checking from behind and a game misconduct for the first-period hit in the Rangers' 6-3 loss to the Flyers. Philadelphia scored twice during the five-minute power play for the major penalty.
Hollweg will forfeit $7,515. He will be eligible to return Wednesday night for the Rangers' game at the New York Islanders.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Iginla seals it as Bruins hold on vs. Oilers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's New York Rangers Pinnacle Navy Hat