Bruins agree to three-year deal with '05 draft pick
BOSTON -- The Boston Bruins agreed Friday to a three-year contract with defenseman Matt Lashoff, their first-round pick in last year's draft.
Lashoff has played the last three seasons for Kitchener of the Ontario Hockey League, where he has 16 goals and 77 assists in 162 career games.
The 6-foot-2, 207-pound native of East Greenbush, N.Y., will attend training camp this fall and be eligible to play with the team's AHL affiliate in Providence, R.I., or return to his junior team if he doesn't make the Bruins roster.
The team didn't financial disclose terms of the deal, which kicks in for the 2006-07 season.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
- Senators' Spezza scores SO winner vs. Flyers
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Boston Bruins Black Elite Polo