Theodore might make Avs debut Sunday
Theodore went through a full practice with the Avalanche on Friday at their suburban rink, and afterwards both he and Colorado coach Joel Quenneville indicated that the recently acquired goalie might start on Sunday night against the Minnesota Wild in Denver.
"Sunday is a possibility," Quenneville said with a little smile.
Theodore, acquired March 8 from the Canadiens for David Aebischer, suffered a fractured heel during the Olympic break and hasn't played since Jan. 31. He said stepping into the crease on Sunday against the Wild "might be the case. I'm hoping to play before we leave for the road."
The Avalanche, fighting to stay in a Western Conference playoff position, closes out its home season on Tuesday against Phoenix before finishing up with games at Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Colorado Avalanche Team Slouch Blue Adjustable Hat