Blues decide to retain Tkachuk
The 34-year-old Tkachuk had 15 goals and 21 assists in 41 games this season after reporting overweight to training camp and getting suspended.
Tkachuk has 446 goals and 422 assists in 897 career regular-season games with Winnipeg, Phoenix and St. Louis. He has scored 30-plus goals in eight of his 14 NHL seasons, and has had 50-plus goals twice. In 1996-97, he scored 52 goals for Phoenix to become the first American born player to lead the NHL in goals.
Earlier Thursday, the Blues won the NHL draft lottery, getting the first overall pick for the first time in team history.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Thornton, Marleau stripped of leadership roles
- Islanders reach deal to transfer ownership
- BC standout Hayes, Rangers agree to deal
- Moore suit settled with Bertuzzi, Canucks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's St. Louis Blues Royal Point Polo