Blues sign veteran forward Guerin to one-year deal
He joins Doug Weight, who returned to the Blues on Sunday after a brief stay with the Carolina Hurricanes, and Dan Hinote, who left the Colorado Avalanche. Weight signed a two-year, $7 million deal. Hinote received a three-year, $3 million contract.
"Bill is another Stanley Cup champion who has the ability to bring a combination of speed, skill and offense to our top two forward lines," team president John Davidson said. "He is still a top power forward in the game who thrives on taking the puck to the net."
Guerin, 35, has played in 949 NHL games during his 14-year career with New Jersey, Edmonton, Boston and Dallas, tallying 328 goals and 335 assists. The three-time All-Star was a Stanley Cup champion with New Jersey in 1995.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Steen boosts Blues over Blackhawks in 3OT
- Stastny ties it, then lifts Avs to OT win vs. Wild
- Sharks dominate Quick, Kings from start
- Rangers surge past Flyers to seize opener
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead St. Louis Blues Logo Teammate Graphic