Maple Leafs sign first-round draft pick Tlusty
TORONTO -- The Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday signed 2006 first-round pick Jiri Tlusty to a three-year contract.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Tlusty, a center selected 13th overall by the Maple Leafs last month, had seven goals and three assists in 44 games last season with HC Rabat Kladno of the Czech Republic Extraleague.
The 18-year-old Tlusty also represented his native Czech Republic at the World Junior Championship earlier this year, failing to record a point in four games.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Toronto Maple Leafs Padded Swivel Bar Stool with Back