Kings goalie Garon accepts one-year qualifying offer
The 28-year-old Garon went 31-26-3 record with a 3.22 goals-against average and .894 save percentage last season, his first in Los Angeles. He was chosen as the NHL defensive player of the month in December when he was 9-3 and allowed three goals or fewer in 11 of 12 starts.
In 106 NHL games with the Kings and Montreal Canadiens, Garon is 47-46-3.
The Kings also announced Monday that they signed forward Tim Jackman to a one-year contract.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Los Angeles Kings 16 oz Colossal Wrap Tumbler