Ducks' Arrowhead Pond getting a new name
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The home of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks is getting a new name.
Arrowhead Pond will become Honda Center in October, the first name change in the arena's 13-year history. Arrowhead Water's naming rights agreement expires in September.
The deal was announced Wednesday, with the arena's management company saying more details would be provided in October.
The building hosts other sporting events, concerts and special events.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Anaheim Ducks Slouch Orange/Black Adjustable Hat