Kings avoid arbitration with left wing Avery
Los Angeles Kings
Financial terms were not disclosed, but the Los Angeles Times reported the deal was worth $1.1 million.
Avery, 26, set career highs in goals (15), assists (24) and points (39) in 75 games this past season.
The 5-9, 185-point Ontario native led the NHL in penalty minutes for a second straight season with 257.
"I'm excited about returning to the Kings for another year and a chance to play for the great fans in LA," Avery said. "I'm looking forward to getting back to work with my teammates and, through our hard work and determination, having the opportunity to reach my ultimate goal of winning a Stanley Cup."
Avery has 32 goals and 54 assists with 739 penalty minutes in 238 career games with the Detroit Red Wings and Kings.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Los Angeles Kings Leader Black Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket