Lightning re-sign Sarich, avoid arbitration
The two sides had been scheduled for a hearing Monday.
"Cory and his agent understood our cap situation and worked with us to get something done that would help us," Tampa Bay general manager Jay Feaster said. "Cory has demonstrated what an outstanding team player he is by electing to settle at a number that worked for the team rather than attempting to hit the home run in arbitration."
Sarich had one goal and 14 assists last season. He has played in all 82 regular-season games each of the past three seasons.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tarasenko back for Blues; Oshie sidelined
- Flyers goalie Mason out for Game 1 vs. Rangers
- Getzlaf scores, is injured in win over Stars
- Penguins erase 2-goal deficit, top Jackets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Tampa Bay Lightning Navy Sheen Wristlet